Briggs is a specialist in stainless steel fabrication and higher alloys. Any fabrication in carbon steel is sub-contracted to prevent cross contamination in our workshops.
Briggs manufacturing craftsmen are highly skilled, the majority being "time-served" with either Briggs or Robert Morton. Robert Morton was aquired by the group in 1988, and like Briggs, a specialist in stainless steel fabrication and process design. Briggs are ISO 9001 approved and certified to meet ASME (U&R) standards. All manufacturing craftsmen, are trained to the Health & Safety Executive 3-day standard for first aid and have completed the IOSH "Working Safely" training programme. In addition our craftsmen also have defibrillation competency.
- Site or shop fabrication
- Highly skilled fabrication team
- In-house machine and polishing shops
- Expertise in materials 0.8mm guage upwards
- High standards of industrial hygiene and safety
- Clean, positive air pressure welding facility
- TIG, MAG, MMA and Orbital TIG welding to coded standard
- 3 separate fabrication bays each served by two overhead cranes
- Fabrication to ASME U&R standards, PD5500 and many other codes
- Stainless steel distribution lines for all water and argon feeds minimising risks of contamination